“God, send me anywhere, only go with me. Lay any burden on me, only sustain me. And sever any tie in my heart except the tie that binds my heart to Yours.” - David Livingstone

Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Africa!

Africa!


The land that missionaries spent and still spend their lives to save souls from the darkness of superstition, paganism, and demon possession. A land greatly in need of the gospel of Jesus Christ!

All during my young years, my parents did their best to inspire in my brother and I a dream to be missionaries for the rest of our lives. We read mission books from Africa, China, India, Fiji, and many other "far-away" mission fields. As we would read these exciting stories of the early missionaries such as David Livingstone, Harry Miller, Mary Slessor, Gladys Alward and others, something inside of me "clicked" when we read the stories from Africa. There was something exciting, something dangerous, something so fulfilling to hear of the natives giving their hearts to the Lord.

And so there was born in my heart a desire that I would be a missionary the rest of my life. When I was around 10 years old, people around me would ask me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I told them I wanted to be a missionary and what was the next question? "Where?"

Of course!

I would always confidently answer - "Africa!" This drew a variety of different responses from my questioners - some positive, some negative. But nothing anything ever said could dissuade me from my desire to serve the Lord in the far-off land of Africa.

As I continued to grow up, our family found ourselves working in many different countries and places - all of which I thoroughly enjoyed. In fact, I kind of forgot about my childhood dream of working in Africa. It didn't really matter to me where we went as long as were together as a family and serving the Lord in some mission field He would assign us.

Fast forward 15 exciting years - 15 happy years!

I once in awhile thought about my dream of going to Africa, but had long ago given it to God, knowing that if that was His will, He would work things out for us to serve Him in the land of my dreams. God lead in amazing ways and blessed as we started the Amazing Facts Center of Evangelism in the Philippines!

Happy in Africa!
And finally, unexpectedly God answered my desire! In April of 2015, we landed in Africa for a one month evangelistic meeting! Needless to say, I was so thrilled! Finally I was a missionary in the land of my dreams! God was so amazing!

We went to Africa for the purpose of doing an evangelistic meeting and to check on options for a place to start another school of evangelism - this time on the great continent of Africa. God worked marvelously there in Zambia and we praise Him for all the success of our time there!

I said to myself, "Give your dreams to God and He will give them back to you if they are according to His will and in His own timing."

In the next few posts, I will be sharing the stories of what happened during our time there in Zambia. Dad was the one who wrote them and I will be posting them.

More stories coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment